1 July 2011

Happy CANADA DAY!!!

hELLLOooooo Happy Canada Day !!!!

WOW another great Holiday and the weather is just great!  I woke up feeling crafty 'right away' and thought "hmmm. what to do, what to do?! "

Then, as I was pulling out the ol' familiar craft items for today's holiday - I thought my scrapbook page of 2009 featuring SOCK MONKEY celebrating Canada Day could use a companion piece - and so that is what I have here to share!

[Note - we have been getting into the 'summer ' mode around here all this past week - and I start usually with the fridge - don't ask me why, LOL - so you'll see why the "colourful and playful" dishes are out - just sayin'!]

So here it is... Canada Day SOCK MONKEY 1.2!

The Pair


2009


and now introducing, Sock Monkey's True North festive page,


Sock Monkey 2011!

Notice how he is sitting in the OPPOSITE position?  Yeah-I created a 'mirror image' !  HOW?  
First, I carefully stamped with fresh ink, my Sock Monkey onto a SMOOTH NON-POROUS SURFACE - I used the back of a large clear block, [or use a scrap of clear plastic sheet] and really carefully, positioned that over my cardstock and  " re-stamped  " it onto my waiting cardstock!   And this is where having a co-ordinating marker comes in handy, since any bare spots can be smoothed out with the marker.    Cool huh?
Now for my next trick, if I can figure out how to make him stand up! LOL!  No, seriously!



What's better than pointing out we ARE the TRUE NORTH, STRONG and FREE!


Cut a corner - for the '11's bottom right to match '09's top left corner!

There's the whole piece!  

Now its time to go hang our large flag up in the window!

OH!  AND I WOULD BE LYIN' IF I DIDN'T SAY I AM DYIN' FOR 2:00 PM!

WHY ON EARTH?  WELL, THAT'S WHEN I CAN PLACE MY 
NEW STAMPIN' UP! CATALOGUE'S  NEW LARGE ORDER - 
YEAH!!!!   IT'S JULY 1RST AND WE LUCKY CANUKS CAN CELEBRATE BY ORDERING FROM THE NEW CATTY!  NEW COLOURS - YES!!!! 

BOY - CAKE AND A NEW CATTY ORDER!!!!!!

HAVE A GREAT CANADA DAY EVERYONE
AND TO OUR FRIENDS DOWN SOUTH  
ENJOY YOUR JULY 4th! 

CRAFTERNOONS!
luv
Taylor B. 
OXOX

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: