1 October 2011

World Card Making Day 2011

Well hellooooo!   A large craft event  I had planned on attending today was cancelled last minute - and its too bad for all different reasons, as I could of had a World Card Making Class after all - better luck next year! So I put my new found time to making a more elaborate card  for today!!!




Here is my card featuring a bunch of techniques!

I went over to my Big Shot with some Whisper White cardstock, and using our Scallop Circle Bigz Die - I made the large circle and then embossed it with a snowflake Textured Embossing Folder. Next, I cut out the house - free style - with my craft knife!  To back the house, using our regular Wheel Handle I rolled some musical notes onto kraft paper using Early Espresso Ink... and  used the left-over scraps for the crimped corners! Next I punched out in glittery red and white, a couple of  hearts using 2 separate Heart punches. 
Naturally I distressed the edges of the scalloped circle - first with a smidge of blue ink, followed by the brown ink. Now - to pull it together!

I decided a band behind the scallop circle would 'ground' it better onto the card face!  So I made a bit of a complicated border band!  First I cut a wide band of Whisper White cardstock - about 3 x 8-1/2 inches and  using a border punch, punched out both sides of the banner - THEN - and this is where I had to make life a little difficult - I used our Scoring Tool and created a diagonal 'trellis' by scoring the paper and then "cutting " out the spaces inbetween - not all - but a fair amount of them! Whew!  But I am not done!
To give the card a boost of colour to balance all the red, white and natural kraft tones - I threw in a band of Marina Mist which I scored, and folded accordian style. That was pretty easy, and I glued it onto the red cardstock base making sure it stood nice and stiff because I want  it to support the scallop circle centerpiece  - creating some interesting depth!  Now that is a fair amount of techniques, wouldn't you say? 

So there you have it - a nicely done card for the holidays!  I did a card similar to this awhile ago - and so I just re-visited the theme with tiny adjustments.  That is always nice when you do not have to dream up a whole new idea - just re-work an oldie but a goodie!!!!   

NOW WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY FOR WORLD CARD MAKING DAY????  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: