5 March 2012

Sweet Shop did wonders for my Birthday Party!

*   Good morning!  Its sunny outside - hurray!  


Yesterday I was feeling the chill walking over to my coffee hang-out, but at least its sunny!  And speaking of that, I want to share the sunny feeling I had making party hats!  And all sorts of decorations for my birthday party table - it was a lot of fun. :)


Like some of you, and the other demonstrators I know from Stampin' Up! - I was excited, so excited when our 2012 Occasions Mini Catalogue came out.  I drooled over all the new stuff and had to start making hard decisions, but one decision was to definately buy the "SWEET SHOP SUITE" of products!!   I knew then it was great stuff for birthday parties.  


Since my own birthday was up first in the family, I had a blast designing projects - but the most AWESOME projects were the PARTY HATS!!!!  Oh my gosh - I am hooked!!!!!   I want to keep making them!  


Now granted, I took the most basic of party hat designs - the cone. But after rolling up a cone from a sheet of 12 inch Whisper White cardstock - the real fun starts!   I made the cone hats very tall - YOU decide what height you want, but I was going for a definite 'fun' side, ha ha.  And after having such fun designing my own, my daughter told me how she wanted lots of ribbon curls hanging to one side on hers!  She was equally excited about them.  AND since we had a GUY coming to my little party - I totally made his to look like a wacky fun medieval crown - with wings, ha ha!  


WARNING - this can be slightly addictive doing these, LOL!   Here are my results........................





And don't forget the guys!  Chose to design a 'crown' like hat!  
The wings are from Stampin' Up!'s latest ELEGANT BIRD Die for the Big SHot


All supplies from SWEET SHOP SUITE - Stampin' Up! Occasions 2012 Mini Catalogue.
Contact Me for your choice of products for your festivity. 
 Supplies:   Sweet Shop - stamp [cupcake banner embossed in white], white embossing powder, Versamark pad, Blushing Bride and Whisper White and lilac dotted/ blue cupcake Sweet Shop DSP.  Real Rose and Blushing Bride Pin Tuck / Pool Party Ruffled/ Whisper White / misc. purple ribbons.  Gems/pearls.  Tulle. 


TIP: purchase tulle in the round shape and you can tuck them into the top of the hats and as I have done on the blue cupcake hat, glued them in a bunch to one side for a large accent.  Glue Guns work the best for fast work attaching all ribbons. The other option is to take a roll of tulle and stitch a seam down the middle, pull one of the strings to gather it to the length you need.  Adhere to hat. 


And the fun continues.......


*My Party Table!   
Before the cake, lol!  Isn't it festive?  I loved it and so did my two special guests!
And YES we wore the hats - in fact, that what was the part that made you feel like you are celebrating in style!  There is nothing easier to create a festive feel than presenting your guest with their own special hat!
We even had fun tying them on to each other's head!  Then being a 'mile' tall, the mood turned to silly as we bopped around with our hats - we had to 'duck' through the doorways, yuk yuk!  

My close-ups....!

 *The Cake Stand *


 *What a blast - I have never before decorated my cake stand, so imagine how I felt when it 
turned out this delightful!  Of course, I have used the same rich papers from our SWEET SHOP DESIGNER SERIES PAPER {see Occasions Mini Catalogue}....to make the 'collar'.
TIP: paper can be stiff and depending on the height of your collar, will not follow the curve of your cake stand's dome.....try as I did and cut the top edge {about 1/2 in deep cuts} all around and then using your finger or a pencil, bend the paper backwards to form a FRINGE.  

And I decorated other items so the table has a unified look.  See my STRAW FLAGS?  I attached the mini lengths of paper banners to the straw with double-sided tape!  Voila! *

BUT......here is my stroke of genius, chuckle!!!
I had CANDY STICKS to offer up and CANDY CUPCAKE Containers chock full of candy {whatelse!} for my guests to take home, right?  Well, I usually decorate CANDY CANES with round scallop circles attached to the top of the candy - - but I have done that a gazillion times already!  I wanted a NEW IDEA!

And since the party hat theme seemed fresh, I created a CANDY STICK STAND from some pieces of styrafoam which I cut into a half circle shape and poked holes into before jamming the candy sticks into it. Fuddling around till I worked out how to keep it upright {added two tiny wings for stability} plus to hide the ugly contraption, I added more PAPER DOILY to it, and made a front ACCENT with my Sweet Shop Stamp and more tulle!  

Then came MINI PARTY HATS!  
Whoop-whoop - that was more awesome fun!  Making these darling mini hats was almost as fun as the biggy hats!  You could do this for: pencils, straws, kabob sticks - or just throw some around like who cares!  They are just FUN, FUN, FUN!!!

Look at the sweet way to display some inexpensive candy - looks like a lotta fun! 

Last but not least - my cupcake treat holders.  Little inexpensive item dressed up to look amazingly sweet!
I found them at WalMart for a buck!  Good, and I filled them with easter eggs cuz that is what is out on the shelves right now for cheap. 
Stuff your candy in, and to cut down on costs, fill the bottom with some more tulle - looks prettier that way!
Then give them CUPCAKE COLLARS.  Nothing more than a circle, scallop circle or perhaps even a square....punched out, and if you can make a hole in the center easily - great!  But I cut a slit to the center and then punched a circle - wrapped it around the top knob, and re-glued it back into a circle shape

Here they are....


.....And just so you know I am not afraid to show me having fun in my hat, this is for you! !

* A birthday gal 
and a birthday guy - Hilton celebrates his birthday, his 78th! We chose to celebrate together cuz we both have winter birthdays and this seemed like more fun - there's that word again - FUN! 

Isn't he adorable? *


And 'somebody' won't let me post pics - ah well, she looked adorable too! 

Thanks for stopping in!
Hugs TAYLOR




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: