10 October 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Hello!  What a fab day today!

We have been blessed with great weather for our Thanksgiving, yes? We actually decided on the spot to take our lunch out to the nearby park and play a little ball with our pooch! Was very nice - and now we are at home making pumpkin pie and ...aprons!  Yup! We found some fantastic french style fabrics the other day and decided to make aprons so that we can use them later today when we cook dinner.  We are celebrating early as my daughter is off to visit with other relatives tomorrow.  So I will have those apron projects to share later :)

Meanwhile, I changed the decorations in my china cabinet and put out my "GIVE THANKS" blocks - and well, you'll see in the pics!

I also am posting some Thanksgiving style cards today....so let's look!
Please CLICK on pictures for a better look :)





Now here are the cards....you'll recognize them from STAMPIN' UP!'s MINI HOLIDAY CATALOG.
But they are simple to make - just simple stamping and layers with a little glitter in the center of the first card {hard to photo I'm afraid!}....



BUT THIS ONE is my absolute favourite!  I learned how to make a card from another demo, DINA on the method to CUT 'half' a scalloped circle on the fold using the BIG SHOT and the SCALLOP CIRCLE BIGZ DIE!!! Thanks Dina!    But fooling around, I discovered on my own how to cut the whole circle and replace it back in to the card so that it swivels outward.  Then more fooling around, and well...here are the results!  I can only make a video or give a class for this one cuz seriously, I am not into all the work it would take to describe how, ha ha!  But isn't it fun - and the possibilities are endless! 


Pumpkin Thank You Card


Butterfly French Bistro Thank You Card for my 
friends who serve me in such friendly style at Michel's!


Here you can see that the cards hang out from their card, on the fold line. 
The cards will fit into a 5 1/2 in. envelope. And when the recipient takes
out the card, it all "pops" out nicely! 

Well...off to finish dinner and check on that pie!

HAPPY    T H A N K S G I V I N G  CANADA!

1 comments:

Susan.... said...

Sounds like you had a great time ! Love the cards, they are amazing.Great LO`s !
Hope you and your daughter are keeping well Beverly ?
Pop over and see us all on the CB forum..Miss ya !
Hugs
Susanxxx

Post a Comment

Template by: