5 November 2010

Fun with Tags!

That is exactly what I had with this tag.....amongst all the oodles of cards I am making for a craft fair coming up, I am taking breaks by making projects that use all kinds of different elements.  Sort of like a cardstock 'stew', lol.




                                                         Cute  Gift Tag or Notecard

TAG BASE
 1. First, I started with a small piece of cardstock of 3 x 6 inches, folded to create a square 3 x 3 inch tag.
2.  I layered a BAJA BREEZE cardstock square on top of the tag - I used my SCALLOP TRIM CORNER PUNCH to create the pretty corners!
3. To rev it up a bit, I glittered the bottom of the tag with some of Dazzling Diamonds.

TAG DECORATION

4. I stamped  my lil' WALRUS  on a punched out '1-3/4 in.' Circle  of Whisper White cardstock  - then while I "masked" him, I stamped the background with a snowflake stamp from JOLLY OLD ST NICK set.

5. Next I placed the stamped circle onto a larger green circle, and and transformed it into an ORNAMENT by adding a 'christmas bell' stamped and cut from my JOLLY BINGO BITS stamp set.

Accents.....Putting it together......

6. Using the same stamp set, JOLLY BINGO BITS, I stamped out the cute pair of mitts!  I use these as small accents.

7. I mounted the newly created 'ORNAMENT' onto the prepared whisper white cardstock with mounting squares, and now tucked the little mitts below.....to the top, I.added some twist of white ribbon - looks good!
8.  To finish, I cut a beautiful SNOWFLAKE from our new NORTHERN FROST DECORATIVE STRIP  ( tabletop die-cutting machines)and WHISPER WHITE cardstock which has its own lovely sheen......now it looks balanced!
9.  But the WALRUS needs a little something.....a gift!  {Cut one from Candy Cane decorative paper.}

Isn't this an adorable GIFT TAG or NOTECARD?  I think it came out AWESOME!!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Beverly

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE THIS TAG - YOU'LL NEED....
STAMPIN' UP! SUPPLIES :
Tools:
Scallop Trim Corner Punch, 118870
Big Shot Tabletop Die-Cutting Machine, 113439
Northern Frost Decorative Strip, 120901
Stamp sets:
 Jolly Bingo Bits, 121187 clear/ 120857 wood mount
Jolly Old St. Nick, 121321
Walrus - from Cold and Cuddly,
Paper:
Candy Cane Specialty Designer Series Paper, 120809
Real Red, 102482
Baja Breeze, 111352
Whisper White, 100730
Other:
Dazzling Diamonds Glitter,102023
Whisper White Organza Ribbon, 114319

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: