3 November 2010

ORNAMENT CARD with BUTTON FELT ACCENT

Stampin' Up! has fabulous stamp sets for the holidays every year....its why I purchase so many sets!  I feel now as I did several years ago, that you CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY HOLIDAY STAMPS!!!
LOL!
 I am not blind to the fact that I spend and spend on cards - its my hobby as well!  So, if I were a golfer - I'd probably be buying golf equipment which conceivably could cost much more - so there, I have now justified my hobby in one stroke (no pun intended!).

So with my usual enthusiasm, I have purchased some very nifty stamp sets to add to my collection, and A CUTE CHRISTMAS is one of those excellent buys!   WHY you ask?  Well - it has so many components to the set! You have trees - you have a snowman!!  You have little ornaments and they come as a single stamp, or as a border stamp - and the same for the stockings and mitts!!!  You have a fun couple of greetings.....ITS A WONDERFUL and COMPLETE STAMP SET!

Now, having said that - I  designed this next card to emphasize the beautiful CANDY CANE Christmas paper collection.  Its such a pretty collection - whimsical with really pretty colour combinations.  Me?  I really love the simple stripe because it has  - gasp - s p a r k l e !   


BUT.....every card in my mind, needs its special 'star'.....and for me, I added a FELT ACCENT paired with a button. A simple technique that really POPS!
The felt was cut using my Big Shot and a SIZZLIT Die called 'Birds and Blooms ' - which has 4 separate dies included. I used the Button die which has a large and a small scalloped button on it.  This felt is made using the  larger button. The card I am showing after this post features the smaller button.

Here it is!





Please note, I used STAMPIN' UP!'S " BRIGHT CHRISTMAS" Holiday Greeting Set.

And as you know - I HAD TO ADD SOME BLING!  So I painted my ornaments and dazzled them with our DAZZLING DIAMONDS glitter (hard to photograph - but its there!)

Hope you like it!
xx
Beverly

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: