31 March 2011

Create your own Gift Bag Tag or Topper! Featuring Sale-A-Bration's Ice Cream Parlor

Ok, ok - I just had to make one more sample for you which features SALE-A-BRATION products....late in the night I decided this { I need to sleep more but when the creative juices strike,  well, you know exactly what I mean}... :)

Carouse through a HallMark store and through the gift wrap aisle, see the gift tag 'toppers' - you know the decorative tags that just stick on the front of a bag or on a wrapped parcel?  They are more for " decoration " than for tags.
Anyways....they were all cute in one way or another, but I was thinking, for that price - we sooooo could to-ta-lly do ones ourselves!!!!

So there I am last night - grabbed  the last of my ICE CREAM PARLOR paper - a pretty fun collection in the SAB catty - get it as your free gift when you make a minimum $60 purchase!

[LAST DAY is TODAY for this promotion - so click on the catalogues to the right and place your order if you want to take advantage of this, you have till 2 am Eastern Canada time - due to the time zones - we have a slight difference in our favour!]


  1. So ....I had paper - I had buttons and I had ribbon - all co-ordinating, hmmmm....then it struck me to use my  ORNAMENT PUNCH to create a VASE
  2. use my BUTTONS as FLOWERS
  3. and use the RIBBON as a GIFT BAG HANDLE and then I was  done in no time!!!                      Well, by 'no' time, I may mean " 30 mins" as I made some very tiny details!


Ta da!  I give you my GIFT TAG/TOPPER!  


It's a little gift bag itself, ha ha!  Ain't it cute! 
CLICK on picture for a closer view.  
Here is what I did:
  •  CUT 2 SQUAREs { Ice Cream Parlor Designer Paper}, any size = GIFT BAG
  •  CREATE PHOTO CORNERS FROM STRIPS OF SCRAPS - experiment - make it interesting.  
  •   USE the ORNAMENT PUNCH {and co-ordinating paper}. TRIM POINT and INSTANT VASE! 
  • ATTACH TO BACKGROUND PAPER AND PLAN OUT 'FLOWERS'
  •  PIERCE PAPER and STITCH 'STEMS'  -  OPTIONAL - could 'draw' stitches with marker!  
  •  a FLOWER BUTTON - on STEMS{secure with a knot, and move on to the next button}.
  •  attach a RIBBON HANDLE to 'back side' with MINI GLUE DOTS
  • PUNCH 2 strips of WHISPER WHITE using a SCALLOP BORDER PUNCH [ one each for tag's front and back top edge] - adhere
  •  TISSUE PAPER, is sandwiched between squares to mimic 'gift wrap'!
  •  LEAVE BACK BLANK - for writing message or attaching to a gift bag.


AND THAT'S IT!  
Mine is going on my ' TAG TREE' for now....I am quite chatty today, but this really is a quick project and especially if you omit the stitching, and tiny details. 



CONTACT ME IF YOU'D LIKE TO PLACE AN ORDER TODAY 
- REMEMBER, ITS SALE-A-BRATION which is OVER tonight,
 THE OCCASIONS MINI CATALOGUE IS STILL IN EFFECT TIL APRIL 30 - 2011.

Bye- bye!



  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: