11 March 2011

Storage - Recycle Tin Cans, Boxes


Ahhh, my storage issues continue.  

I wish I could go into my craft room and it would magically 
extend it's walls each and every time I need more storage, but alas, that is not going to happen.
So I dream up my own solutions. I think I have a natural compulsion to cover up things - so the two things go hand in hand, my recycling jars, tins, boxes, etc. and more craft supplies finding their way into my craft room! 

I also am not a fan of 'too' matchy-match components, which is why I decorate my craft room trying to balance purchasing items from collections, and found objects like the tin above. 

Anyways, I made a rough effort by sanding the edges of the paper I glued to the tins, there are 2 of them, and adding plain twine as an accent - my 'bow'.  I also just cut out the scallop trim from a packaging -it was pretty packaging - so why not! 

I recommend using STICKY TAPE for most of this project. 
TIP - use an old nail file to sand the tin (just a smidge) so the glue can BITE into the surface. The fat wide foam cosmetic nail files work great - the coarse side. Save your nice Sanding Blocks for cardstock. 


CLICK ON PICS FOR LARGE VIEW



SUPPLIES = STAMPIN' UP!  Patterned Paper: So Saffron and Bermuda Bay(lid) and Basic Gray (body)
Sticky Tape, Sanding Block



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: