18 September 2011

Make Lovely Handmade Cards for Fall

Naturally we are experiencing cooler weather - but sometimes by supper, you might discover that you should have worn a warmer jacket {or so my daughter is discovering - but when you're that young,well...}...and  I can see the beginnings of the trees changing their leaves and I know that signals Fall has or is arriving soon!  And of course - the inevitable discussion if we should bother getting our long-haired dog, one more trim or let his winter coat start growing.

But I am ok with that as Fall is one of my favourite seasons - actually, it IS my fav. And I know it is also for many people. We love to go to fall markets - down to the Beaches area and soak in the atmosphere, wearing our favourite cozy sweaters, sipping on cider....ith my daughter pulling on my sweater sleeve...I will oooh and aaah at Pier 1's dinner settings! Hopefully they haven't moved on to Christmas yet, lol!

Which is why I have been busy making preparations for Thanksgiving!  In fact, I have to - because as always I run out of time near the last weeks before a big holiday!! At least this way, I have a few things done in case I come down with a cold.  Just being practical :)

So without further mutterings, I'll show you what I've been up to!!!

FALL CARDS 

 Have you seen our SPICE CAKE DESIGNER PAPER?  It is one extremely pretty set - the colour combos and the prints are splendiferous!!!  And its flying out the window as many crafters are lovin' it! So grab some while you can - its also in digital downloads!

And combined with the top selling NEW LEAF stamp set - GENTLY FALLING - you'll have such a nice time making all sorts of projects. But first, here is a sample of a card I made ....

.....lots of simple layers!

[More STAMPIN' UP! Supplies=Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, More Mustard Cardstock 
Early Espresso and More Mustard Classic Ink, Early Espresso Ribbon {Mini Holiday Catalogue}]

The fun part of this card is that GENTLY FALLING stamps come as a 2-step technique set.  You choose your LEAF SHAPE among the set, stamp it as I did here in the More Mustard ink - the Maple Leaf shape - then you choose its companion stamp {here in the brown ink outline}....and stamp 'over top' of the first shape!  Its always fun to see the results - never gets boring!!!!

Cut out the leaf and layer, layer,layer plus add some ribbon - and there you are! A great sentiment underneath and this is such a pretty card to give. I'm sure you can think of someone, yes?

Moving on......
HOME DECOR  
FALL WREATH and BANNERS



If you turn to the inside pages of our MINI HOLIDAY CATALOGUE - you will see a paper rosette wreath that everyone is ooohing over and claiming they want to make - well, I am no exception.  ALSO I think this IS the year of the BANNER too - the ideas for them are all over the net, mags, crop circles, - everywhere!

So I have started one.....and I haven't stuck to any one look yet - so I begin with basic fall colour - ORANGE! ..... and make my rosettes...some I have 'distressed' the edges with brown ink {chocolate chip ink} ..or I "glitter" the edges......later on I will add LAYERS on top ...but these are just the beginnings....

...and here I have also played with sizes...


.....so when you see my finished BANNER ...you will know it didn't happen overnight, lol! 



SIMPLY SCORED TOOL             
 [top photo - the scoring tool to make projects like these super easy!]

If you think you'd like a home demonstration of this project - let me know!  Local Stampin' Up! parties and workshops are fantastic way to pass time with friends, family, co-workers!  
Book early as this is our busy season! 

crafternoons  friends!
now go on and enjoy your day :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: