23 September 2009

Strange but True - Buddha Shaped Pears!

Hello everyone!

I came across this juicy bit of strangeness on the web {where else!} and thought it was just weird enough and yet strangely cute - to want to share!    This japanese farmer has perfected a molding technique where he can grow buddha-shaped pears!  Just look at them !  I especially like how they look hanging from a tree ....wouldn't that feel special walking through a grove of buddha pear trees?




                                                
                                                  
I actually love the pear motif - their shape, the colours and I luv pear scented candles!  I have come dangerously close to wanting to collect pear decorations for the kitchen....and then I stop myself.  I have to admit I do become fascinated when I enter another person's kitchen and they have an obsession with a collecting theme - like roosters or sunflowers or even magnets all over their fridge, salt & pepper shakers (have seen an amazing collection of those)....well, you get the picture.  I think its great but I am not sure yet if I want to do that - but if I did, it would probably be pears.  Who knows I may break down yet.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: