27 June 2010

Coffee Bean Bag transforms into Gift Bag!

Blog Candy Winner Diane Gardner received her goodies safe 'n' sound.
It has taken a bit time to organize it because I offered to order the winner their choice of ink pad. When my latest order was delivered, I was ready to package it up and send along the Blog Candy.......and this is where I have fun.....packaging is one of those areas we can go in any direction!

I chose to go a bit whimsical by dressing up a plain white coffee bean bag!  You know the type in the grocery store?  I don't know about you - but I constantly 'see' things that I think " I could decorate that!"   Especially blank white things, lol!

But it turns out to be quite an effective choice for a small package of goodies.....here's a shot of how I played with packaging a few bits and bobs that made up Diane's prize.....


here you go....see? Not so bad!



Close-up of greeting, and you can see the mesh I glued to the bag - it sparkles!  Love anything that glitters! It's hard to see, but there is a gem on the letter 'O' in 'You'.  

TIP - to glue the mesh, I brushed the back of it with glue, pressed it to the bag, and using some wax paper to act as a barrier, applied a weight to it (use a heavy magazine) until the mesh had remained attached - otherwise all those different threads can get a bit whiley!



Here is the blog candy!  



Here is the ink pad - Diane wanted Melon Mambo - great choice! 
I used the same mesh now to wrap around the stamp, decorated with an extra die-cut flower.



More die-cuts, a ribbon ring, chipboard pieces and a circle mini-album. 

I was able to fit all you see into that coffee bag except for the mini-album,
 sprinkled tiny flowers in, topped it with tissue to keep them from bouncing around,
 secured it closed and punched 2 holes through the bag to create a sheer ribbon bow. 
Then the bag and mini-album into
 a bubble pack! 

So lesson here - look to your local grocery store for your 
next gift bag! 
LOL!!!




2 comments:

Diane (DeeDee) said...

I am the lucky winner of all those wonderful goodies. The packaging was the best. I have made two cards today with my goodies. I have to wait for good light tomorrow to take pictures of them but I promise Beverly will get a link to them very soon. Thank you again Beverly for the blog candy.

Beverly's Stamping Beehive said...

Whooo-hooo - You are soooo welcome and I will be thrilled to bits to see your cards!
Come back to let us see what you do with your mini-album!!!

Post a Comment

Template by: