6 May 2011

Mother's Day or Spring Card

Have a wonderful Mother's Day to each and every Mom out there!





Recently I created a lovely card for someone special { hey Justin!} whose 'very special' Mother favoured purple - and I want to leave that card as an original piece created just for them, but I have borrowed the basic elements to re-create this card!

My favourite technique on this is - well, two things::
 one) I love duplicating accents in acetate as I have done with the butterfly!  It creates a "glossy" look that I love!
two)  using ribbon to wrap around two out of three panel sections - this leaves the third panel to help make one colour pop - or to add accents, etc.

If you take a closer look - you can see I textured the smaller butterfly - using the tips of a snowflake embossing folder!  Who knew, lol!

STAMPIN' UP! SUPPLIES:
Big Shot Die-Cutting & Embossing Machine
Beautiful Butterflies XL Die
Northern Frost Textured Embossing Folder
Perfect Polka Dots Textured Embossing Folder
Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant, Lavender Lace (retired), Crushed Curry (retired)
Clear Acetate Sheets
Organza WhisperWhite Ribbon {#114139}
Snail Adhesive

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: