3 November 2009

Christmas Baroque Motifs and Ornament Punch

The Baroque Motifs stamp set is a very, very popular one - very!  And so is our new Delightful Decorations & Ornament Punch featured in our Holiday Mini Cataloque.  So I guess it was only a matter of time before the two came together.  One version is the first one I am showing here - with the large swirly motif paired with one ornament and a nice band of patterned paper/ribbon to top it off.

Afterwards, I wanted to make my very own version - remember how I have mentioned before about taking inspiration and making it your own? .....well, I 'softened' the look. And I was after a more romantic-antique look - something my 95 yr old Aunt would love.

By applying white craft ink over top of the stamped images, {use sponges}the colours become subdued and I think very pretty.  Then instead of a ribbon & paper band, I put 3 scalloped ovals across the top choosing to add ribbon to the ornaments {twist the ribbon into tiny knots for a different look}. This one is definitely going to my Aunt Elsie!


Well, you can see the comparison.  Both are very nice. But it goes to show you can take the same 'motif' and create very different outcomes by mixing up your technique.

Try it yourself with a stamp set you have - find a "new style" for a card you've created!




Contact me for class information if you'd like to learn how to make these cards. 

Stampin' Up! supplies:  stamps= Baroque Motifs, Many Merry Messages, Delightful Decorations.  Punches = Scalloped Oval, Ornament.  Ink = Old Olive, Rose Red.  Cardstock = Whisper White, Rose Red, Old Olive. Accessories = Buttons, ribbon, adhesive. 
Inspriration - Andrea Walford.


1 comments:

Susan.... said...

beautiful cards beverly ! love them both !
Hugs
susan x

Post a Comment

Template by: