12 November 2011

Holiday Handmade Cards from my Stampin' Up! Archives!

Crafternoons everyone!


Until I find the drat uploading cable for my camera - I thought hmmmm...I know!   I will REVIEW some of my all time fave Stampin' Up! cards and projects I have done in the past - hurray, problem temporarily solved - sweet!


SO here I go....remember, its the concept you can use and substitute the stamps with "current sets" {aha...} or you may have the stamps, as stamp sets shown will be retired by now from our catalogue, so okay, let's start with this one - a really cool folding GATE CARD!   I love - love how these cards can be more than a card, as they make wonderful displays on shelves, china cabinets, dining tables....wow :)


 Here's how it looks tucked into the envelope......a nice scene which was stamped with BASIC BLACK (waterproof) INK and then coloured with our Stampin Pastels Chalks and touched up with Stampin' Write Markers!


I trimmed the stamped image and glued it to the front of the folded card base and then CUT it along the center fold {or if that scares you, cut the image in half and align the cut edges to the fold - then glue them in place!}     Add more cut-out images of holly and berries for interest.   And of course, some ribbon!!!
Our NATURALs CARDSTOCK shown here in Naturals White perfectly adds to the  homey feeling! 

And here it is opened - ta da!

Ahhhh.....nice, yes?   Wouldn't you LOVE getting one - I sure would!


And of course, some magic - glitter!  Not only is glitter nice anyways BUT it will sparkle when holiday tree lights or candle glow will reflect off the glitter surface !!!  Magical! 
You could substitute our MICA FLAKES from our Holiday Mini Catalogue!  And we also carry the tiniest SILVER BELLS in our Holiday Mini - that would be just perfect on the sleigh or horses - or the ribbon knot!!!  

Silver GLITTER Cardstock [ a MUST-HAVEsee our HOLIDAY MINI Catalogue! Also available in Red! ] and Silver GLITTER around the edges really help to make this 'pop'!   My combination of three narrow RIBBON pieces knotted together adds more elegance to create a very special card for someone close to you [or maybe impress the boss? LOL!]

Alright hope you enjoyed today's glimpse into my archives!  

Off for today's errands - have a lovely week-end :)

ox Taylor


1 comments:

Oma said...

Hi Beverly

Can you take the memory card out of your camera and put it in your computer? My daughter does it with the memory card from my camera when I take pictures at her house. Hopefully you will be able to find that cord soon!


Thanks for stopping by my blog and your lovely comment. I have made a lot of cards lately but have not taken pics of them yet. My camera needs new batteries.

Post a Comment

Template by: