22 November 2009

Cards Made Using One Dominant Colour

You don't need to have a whole assortment of ink or paper to get started making cards.  I always advise people starting out not to worry, but to collect ink and paper a step at a time. Starting out myself,I typically bought 2 colours at a time. Then on my next purchase, I added another 2 - that would go nicely with my first two.  All of a sudden, my options went from two combinations to eleven!  By the time I added 2 more colours - well, you see!

Here are a couple of cards which demonstrate the monochromatic look of a single dominant colour.  I happen to like this approach and here we see the colours of green and blue.

First set shown is the popular and recurring stamp set,  Winter Post , (skaters ) shown with the Medallion XL stamp in the background. I really love this green and white ribbon too - I am definitley going to buy some!

 Then the lovely Serene Snowflakes   stamp set accented with half-back pearls (Pretties Kit) and Whisper White ribbon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: