10 November 2009

Sock Monkey in his Christmas PJ's!


Well, if you haven't guessed by now, I'll tell you ....Sock Monkey is too gosh, darn, cute!  I love bringing him out from time to time and seeing what else to do with the lil guy!

I have paper pieced his pj's by stamping on a scrap of patterned paper - here in one of our regular Patterns Designer Series (in red..)...found on page 161 of our large catalogue.  Paper Piecing is just stamping and cutting out 'parts' and layering them over your main stamped image for your card or scrapbook, etc.

 I paper pieced his pjamas, his socks, tail, paws.  And his hat was stamped out on separate cardstock, layered with another separate piece for the furry band and pom-pom.  Glitter and a bit of colouring and voila! 

His accessories are many - so I knew I'd find a Santa hat and a present.  You could add more presents around him but I was making this for a craft fair and I thought the greeting I chose to add would help a parent, grandparent or friend to tuck away some money inside. I know my aunt eventually gave money to everyone rather than shop herself, so I hope this card finds its way into some youngster's christmas morning!

Oh Sock Monkey - too cute!

3 comments:

Susan.... said...

This is so cute Beverly !
Hugs
susan x

Queenie said...

Woohooo thats great Beverly!!
Hugs
Tracy
xxx

Cindy Haffner said...

Bev I love your sock monkey he is darling.

Post a Comment

Template by: