4 December 2009

Mini-Album using Die-Cuts




 Here is a little project I did this morning - early - really early, lol!  Mysterious how the mind works when you need it to! :)

I got this idea because another company Quickutz released its SugarPlum series of die-cuts, which are essentially components for making a mini-album.  However, I thought we have the 'TOPNOTE' die-cut - a very versatile die-cut used in many a project; and one can merely use chipboard to make square or rectangular pages!  Use a Crop-A-Dile or similiar tool to make holes to add a method of attaching page after page - and voila!

So I began by making rectangular chipboard cover and pages, and proceeded to ink the edge with red ink, and then choose from my co-ordinating holiday papers to decorate the Covers and each page.  To make the spine, I used the TOPNOTE die with my BIG-SHOT die-cutting machine.

I created my holes and used some beautiful grommets on the front of the spine, and saved some money by using plain white eyelets on the back cover. Without any nice rings in the house at the moment, I chose to use ribbon to tie the piece together. 

I decorated the cover by adding embossed design, and a smaller piece of clear sheet to which I affixed a small bird and flower.

I don't know yet what I will put inside - but I really liked how this came out!  Hope you try it too!

Add as many pages as you want to this mini-album - by using grommets or brads with center holes, or rings..you can take it apart to add or even remove a page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: