16 March 2010

St. Patrick's Day

May your blessings outnumber 
the shamrocks you grow
And may trouble avoid you
wherever you go.




I confess I do not own a lot of shamrock, pot of gold, beer stein or dancing elf stamps. None of the typical Irish symbols we've come to know...but last year we made a cute card by using a HEART punch to resemble a shamrock. And being a bit lazy this year, I brought out the same card.


So this is what I did as well. I decorated one of my candles - and while I did use a heart punch, this time it was a much smaller one, and it was still as effective!


I like to create little vignettes around my home using my latest creations.




Now here is how you create a shamrock......punch out 3 or 4 hearts, and one circle (for the stem - or just cut a strip of paper with scissors)






There you go!  It's a start to embellish your projects!  Have a go!                                                                         


And my last Irish saying of the day......enjoy!
{I tried to say it in my best Irish impersonation but we just had a good laugh from my ridiculous attempt, lol}

" May you be in Heaven
a half hour before
the Devil knows your dead!"



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: