4 June 2010

DYI Felt Ribbon

Hello....

i am miserably sick today - ice bags all over my head all last night, no bright lights - that kind of blah!

So this morning I am cautiously moving about - tenderfootin' it - so I tried to sit in the craft studio for just long enough to create my latest!

But hey, I picked some felt up in several colours recently, and for my first move I am sticking to something simple. So a scrunched up ribbon sounded good.

I ran my felt through my cutter to make a 1/2 in ribbon, threaded my needle with green crochet thread and stiched a line straight down the middle of my felt strip. After knotting one end, I tried scrunching the felt strip by pulling on the loose end of the thread til I was satisfied with my result, then I knotted the final end of the thread. I clipped one end of the felt into a banner shape - and that was it!



I stamped a piece of Whisper White with a repeating pattern of one flower from FIFTH AVE set, in either Taken with Teal or Brocade Blue.  I stamped an extra flower on a scrap of paper - and painted around it with my watercolours and my Aqua Painter. Then I cut that flower out, decorated its center with a few crystals.



I set this cut out flower on top of the felt 'ribbon' I created, and mounted them onto the stamped whisper white. Finally a few layers of blue cardstock and a blue/green pattern cardstock - an it was ready!




Ok, must go and rest - that was too much chatting, phew. :(  Me, no like being sick!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: