2 June 2010

A simple 'Flower Window Box' card

Good evening!

Here is a simple card I've made for my Aunt Elsie today. I haven't mentioned her before but she is 96! And just now is having to go into a retirement home, she has gone this far all by herself with the help of her other neice who lives near her - but I am sooooo proud of her.  She's always been there for me since I was a wee grasshopper (I am from Saskatchewan, lol)....so I owe her a lot! She is also the last of 3 sisters and 1 brother, so I hope I can brighten her day a little with this:




I actually made it while having coffee at Tim Horton's today - so I could purchase my coffee for their TH Camp Day.  Too bad the weather went sour afterwards - those camps are really nice ones, so I hope their campaign went well!

But I simply made a couple of quick stamps with my stamp, and then placed a border stamp onto a scrap of paper which I cut out to make my 'window box' shape.

The idea is to keep the colours straight and simple, and then add a couple of trendy bits such as the Vintage Voque border stamp, and our Scallop Trim Border Punch.

That is also one of the buttons from our embellishments section. Even 1 button can make a difference!

*******

Off to make something else!

Stampin' Up! Supplies:  Happy Moments Stamp Set, Vintage Vogue Stamp Set; Bermuda Bay and Whisper White cardstock; Classic Black Ink Pad; Punches =  Scallop Trim Border, and  1/2 in Circle;   hole piercer, button. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: