2 October 2010

My Aunts " Because I Care" card on this World Card Making Day!

Helloooooo!


It's late and I need to get to bed but not before......
...showing you my card for my lovely Aunt who is 97!  She is incredible and I don't get around to sending cards as often as I should!  So I hope to make it up to her with one of these.....hers is the one with the full set of pearl/gemstones along the bottom {I ran out on the other one - it happens ha ha}

CLICK on PICTURES to see a larger view.


[make 2 cards at the same time!]

For her - coming from the era that she does, a modern card design just would not do!  So I made a sort of vintage style. Its a pretty stamp set and very versatile - you could do many styles with this stamp!

I stamped the flower 3 separate times in Chocolate Chip ink - and coloured each image in different chalk shades from yellows to oranges to cherry.  Then I carefully cut away some of the yellow flower and orange flower to make 2 layers to go on top of the main stamp image which was coloured in the deeper cherry to help create 'depth'.   A couple of orange-yellow gems were added on the top layer to sparkle like dew drops!

My Aunt has always loved her lace - so I given her ol' style lace paired with cheery grosgrain polka dot ribbon!   It's a nice compliment to the vintage feel and the nice fall colouring.



[see the separate layers?]

[ different hues of fall]


This stamp set, Because I Care was a perk given to us Stampin' Up! Demonstrators earlier this year and this was my first time using it - I think its a great stamp set. You can also obtain one of your own as it is now a Hostess Level 1 stamp set.

Off it goes!  And I made a 6 page letter to tuck inside - now that should make up for lost time!

STAMPIN' UP! SUPPLIES FOR CARD

Stamp: Because I Care  [Hostess Level 1 set]
Cardstock: Natural White, Chocolate Chip, Dusty Durango {Alternative: Tangerine Tango, More Mustard}
Ribbon: Polka Dot Grosgrain
Colouring: Stampin' Pastel Chalks,
Misc:  Glues 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: