11 December 2010

Christmas Snowman Card

Hellooooo.....back to my blogging at last!  I've been hectic-smectic -  as I am sure "we all are" but tonight I am cleaning, watching Turner Classic and catching up on small projects, just need some chocolate an' I'm all snuggly-wuggly, lol!

Here is another card I created not long ago.....its one of those with extra-love, so it would go to someone close and personal, like a family member or best friend.



What I did which I liked especially here is I made my snowman a hat!  Just scrap felt and some crochet thread, and a little glitter glue!  I also used the scrap of the hat even - to add as snow in one corner.  May as well use up everything!

I used our Stampin' Up!'s AQUA PAINT BRUSH to watercolour him using our STAMPIN' CHALKS....they work just fine as if they were watercolour paints. Of course, the paint brush with the water in its handle and the slick nylon brush make it easy.  A wee "squeeze" of the handle brings a drop(s) of water to the brush and smoosh brush tip in the chalk tablet colour of choice; brush on paper.

Applying colour:... apply a bit more water or more colour to get the effect you want.  Move along so as to not over-water the paper or it will tear, but you will pick up on that by "practicing"  first on a scrap of paper! Just like painting, you can come back after drying to apply more colour. It's not complicated - choose two colours and blend. Pretty easy!

THIS is also why quality paper like Stampin' Up! cardstock WHISPER WHITE works!  Try a lesser brand of paper and you'd not get the nice colours or it would far easily tear.{ Whisper White has a semi-gloss top coat.}

OK!  You can see what I have done I think!  It's a card you add as much embellishments as your heart desires!  I love those kinds of cards!

Bye for now!
Beverly

Stampin' Up! Supplies:  Aqua Paint Brush;  Chalks; Whisper White, Bashful Blue and Night of Navy Cardstock.  Ready, Set, Snow rubber stamp.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: