4 August 2011

Create Fun Flowers with Daisy Bigz Die from Stampin' Up!

Hi Crafters!
Do you LOVE the new hand-made FLOWERS being made all over the place - I do!  And STAMPIN' UP! is no newbie at flower creations - just look at this......!   It's from the cover of my Stampin' Success Magazine for July 2011!  Gorgeous!  





Now....LOOK what I made the other day!  Isn't it great?

CLICK ON PHOTOS

Layered DAISY #2 Bigz Die using our 'new' IN COLOR Island Indigo cardstock and my BIG SHOT!!!


 I loved making it because it was  s i m p l e  but challenging enough to make the curly ends!  If you know what I mean!  Maybe not the best thing to do while you're talking on the phone, but certainly you could do these watching tv, and I am all about doing some things that allow you to sit and relax beside your loved ones!  Its like they have to be willing to let you disappear into your craft zone {FOR DAYS ON END, LOL} -so this way you can be beside them while doing these......just bring some glue, a ton of the layers along and get your "curly tool" - mine is the paper piercer {honestly I need to find a curly tool of just the right size - anyone knows of one please let me know!}.


OK - enough of Babbly Me!   Here is what I did....


Use DAISY FLOWER #2 BIGZ DIE - cut 3 layers of each of the three daisy sizes  for a total of 9... 
I think its pretty straightforward - stack each of the 3 sizes - you can begin front to back or back to front, but rotate each daisy clockwise slightly from the last one to fill in the gaps between petals. TIP:You can glue 1 inch circles to the back to assist in layering them.  In time, you should have one continuous layered 'circle' created from the 9. A very 'fringey' looking circle.


  Once I have the 9 daisies glue together - stacked largest on the bottom of course, then I set to make a center 'ball' which is nothing more than some scraps rolled tight, and a couple of daisy 'tips' glued around the ball.  You could totally do a "ribbon " center - I would have, but moi does not have this colour on hand yet!

Here it is looking down at it - luscious layers!


This is one of our newest IN COLORS called ISLAND INDIGO - and I love. love, love it !!!!   Its the blue-green range of which I can never grow tired of - seriously! Never!  A little known fact on here is that I do summer projects for my own private collection - seashells, little sea creatures, life on the coast....and so I love the water colours.


Well I will be making my group of flowers to create a wall decor project - I am using our photo on our INVITATIONS and our latest July issue of SUCCESS MAGAZINE for demos - to inspire me!  Wish me luck on finishing them soon!


MORE IDEAS


CREATE YOUR OWN PROJECT WITH FLOWERS
SEE THE PRETTY FLOWERS FEATURED ON JULY's SUCCESS MAGAZINE?   MAKE YOUR OWN PROJECT USING ONE OR MANY FLOWERS!!




CLICK ON PHOTOS



Crafternoons!
TAYLOR :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: