28 August 2011

The Nicest Things - a perfect card for a best friend or family!

Crafternoons everyone,

I have a lovely little card to share - and in light of our recent sad news, it reminds me of how precious a hug can be between friends. But this can also reflect a hug shared between sisters or cousins - its a sweet set.

Here is a method of making a card where you 'highlight' areas to pop out from the card in an interesting way! You merely stamp the image twice - first straight onto the main card, and again on a light-coloured cardstock which you will cut and layer parts onto the main image. Make sense - I sure hope so!  Read below how I did!....

First I stamped the design using the "main stamp" of the two sweet girls straight onto my cardstock - the colour I chose was to use Early Espresso Ink stamped onto Tangerine Tango cardstock.  It would be fine to leave it at that - but let's "highlight" some areas!!

Next, I repeat stamp using the same stamp - but onto Whisper White cardstock and using the same ink.

Now I chose a few elements to 'cut out' of the Whisper White stamped image - I used my Craft Scissors so it was not very difficult to make those tight cuts.  This can be a project for when you just want some quiet time - perfect to do those little "extra" steps!  The cut out parts to be highlighted onto the main image - can be glued using our 2-Way Glue Pen (makes a breeze out of gluing small areas!) 
Also - to make the basket really " pop " out  - I used one of our appropriately-named STAMPIN' DIMENSIONALS [small hexagonal foam dots - adheres on both sides for convenience]!


As you may know, STAMPIN' UP! is well known for their co-ordinating products to achieve a polished look - so I have embellished this card with some cute swiss dot ribbon - as you can see, the colours blend perfectly!

Now I am excited to add another fav stamp - the Friends stamp from our VINTAGE VOGUE STAMP SET!  This is one of our more popular stamp sets!!!
I punched it out and layered it on to a scrap piece of paper - then ' tore ' around the edge leaving a slight border - then the "ACCENT "  is attached to the right upper corner over top of 2 lengths of ribbon. Use strong adhesive tape {see Tacky Strip tape in our catalogue - it's strong!}

So there you are....stamp - stamp - cut - layer - stamp - cut/tear - layer .......same steps over and over to yield great- looking results!





COLOURING your rubber-stamped images.
I don't profess to be a masterful colour-ist!  How I do it is fairly sloppy - LOL!  I will take a soft colour such as our SO SAFFRON MARKER and literally swish it over the inside edges of the images, using the broad end of the marker. I also use a darker/co-ordinating marker to do the same on the inside/outside edges.  In this way - I create a sense of coloring and emphasizes the folky look of this. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE TERRIBLY NEAT.                                 CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO SEE CLOSE UPS

One more thing!  Creat a  " flirty border " by simply doodling along the outside edges - adding breaks here and there in no particular fashion....this helps to create a light feeling in keeping with the sketch-y style!

Well - I like it!  Hope you do too! hugs from moi!


 If you would like to create this - contact me and I will gladly help you to acquire everything you need!  If you would rather host a party - I can also gladly DEMONSTRATE this project!!! 




 And don't forget to hug someone today!!!!   


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: