6 September 2011

Back to School! Create Easy Projects for Students with Stampin' Up!


As a mom of an university student in her final year, there really isn't much to buy once we're past the books, and tuition. We have accumulated plenty of school supplies so I have chosen to help her with clothes mostly.
BUT - being the crafter, I couldn't help but present her with a little offering, now could I?

I did decide on note pads, some cool looking pencils, sharpener, binder and gum - yes, the gum is a must! Oh and so is the hand sanitizer - egads!!!

Now established facts - she loves owls.  Stampin' Up! has an OWL PUNCH.  
Not too far of a stretch here, lol!

So I began with the colour of the blue binder , and the black pencils and was soon scrapping and punching, sponging away at making owls whilst watching another episode of Poirot on my laptop. 

The binder has a spine insert - so I used the paper insert as a template and our new SCORING TOOL and scored a 3x11 strip of black cardstock.  With the use of 'markers' the SIMPLY SCORED scoring tool makes a breeze out of creating folds in your paper - you no longer have to squint and stare to make sure you have the correct alignment AND you can repeat the same marking on another piece of paper - not bad when you have a gazillion folds to make for wedding invitations for instance!   

Voila!  I scored my newly-made spine insert!  On to stamping!!!

 With our BFF STAMP SET and WHITE CRAFT INK [ to stand out against the black cardstock] -- I stamped in a haphazard way and glued on two of my owls and before you know it, I had my newly-decorated spine!  It's cute and edgy - just right for someone her age. 


Now I'm on a roll - so what else could she use?  I decide on a A CORNER BOOKMARK!  These are like making a giant photo corner - again, using the SIMPLY SCORED board, I scored a couple of folds and in a matter of minutes, I had created my bookmark!  I shall do a separate post on creating a CORNER BOOKMARK - so stay tuned! 

 Also with our ROUND TAB PUNCH, there is no need to buy PAGE TABS - as this is what this punch is for. I punched out about a dozen as we can always make more!   We can draft up some labels for her tabs later on when she has a need for them.  And finally, I gave her some WHITE LIBRARY CLIPS.  

My third OWL has crazy eyelashes - ha ha.  She looks kinda sleepy which is not too far off from my daughter's look in the morning :)  I placed her gingerly on a label I made to cover the gum - just so we can use the owl in another spot later.  

And with a bit of ribbon tyed around the pencils - I think it all makes a good presentation....because in the end, we just want to mark Back-to-School as "special" and send them off with enthusiastic hopes of a great year ahead! 

Thanks for stopping by! 








Exclusive STAMPIN' UP! SUPPLIES used for this PROJECT.
CONTACT ME if you have an interest in any products - I will be glad to help! 

Cardstock = Marina Mist, Basic Black   Ink=Basic Black Classic Ink, White Craft Ink
Ribbon = Basic Gray Striped 1-1/3"
Tools = Simply Scored  (NEW!) - scoring tool;  Owl Punch, Round Tab Punch, and  tabletop paper cutter, craft scissors


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: