23 September 2011

My Thankful Card using a Template, Word Play Stamp Set and Stampin' Up!'s Color Coach!

Crafter-mornings All!

Here as promised, is my version of the template I posted earlier!  

But first - I need some inspiration - and this is how I found it - by looking around the house and creating a small vignette of  what represents 'meaningful - and thankful' to me!  And I found it in an odd assortment of little and not-so-little items just layin' about!  It started with the large origami heart made for me by my daughter when she was about 10. She created it out of poster board - wow, can imagine how hard she was pressing on those folds, lol!  At the time, she gave it to me chock full of smaller origami hearts that each had a promise on it - for folding the laundry, free "anytime with her" (yeah - they know!), etc., etc.  So then I gathered her picture that I love, and my 'second' parents picture in a frame I decorated in the '80s, and my dog's blanket! Oh - and a candle holder my daughter and I stained plus the velvet rose I made for a smaller candle holder. Enough to pull together my theme of love and appreciation!

My inspiration....


I shall scrapbook this picture soon too! 
This I highly recommend - to take visual vignettes for your scrapbooks! 

And here is my card!



As you can see I have followed yesterday's TEMPLATE pretty closely! 
Our WORD PLAY Stamp Set provided the sentiment - this is a very good stamp set to have as it has many appropriate greeting/sentiment stamps in it. 

USING OUR COLOR COACH TO GUIDE YOU WITH COLOR COMBINATIONS!

To gain more inspiration - or to push yourself in NEW DIRECTIONS - and great for BEGINNER STAMPERS - our COLOR COACH from STAMPIN' UP! is excellent. 
Here is how it works.

For my card I used the following:

  Stamp Set: Word Play; Cardstock: River Rock {card base, tag base}, Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Tangerine Tango and Big Shot die and embossing folder {not shown}: Two Tags and Perfect Polka Dots.

AND...the Color Coach {shown in the bottom right of pic} - which gave me
 my inspiration for my colour choices!  
All you do is flip to the card of the main colour you are interested in - mine was River Rock...

....which is this card flipped open.  
CLICK on pics to see LARGER! 

Now you can see, the card pertaining to River Rock shows 2 COLOUR COMBINATIONS - one is Creative Combination calling for Marina Mist and Cherry Cobbler to be paired with River Rock
The second combination, Sweet Set uses River Rock with Not Quite Navy and Tangerine Tango

Therefore - I used Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy as the main layers on top of my River Rock - AND - 
used Tangerine Tango to create a flower accent - a little pop!  
Of course Whisper White is a good neutral and brings lightness to the whole card. 


So there you are - choose any of our colours, and you can find valuable help 
with the COLOR COACH - the above example is for the colour REAL RED - and the two combinations may surprise you - Real Red, Early Espresso and Pumpkin Pie - that sounds like a delicious FALL COLOUR COMBO while Real Red, Bashful Blue and Crumb Cake would make a
terrific CHRISTMAS combination!  

The COLOR COACH is available for order - you'll be
pleased with it - as it is simply 'full' of great ideas! 
It is in a handy form, easy to read and use! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: