24 January 2012

Big Shot and Masking Tape



DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN USE THE BIG SHOT TO WORK
 WITH A VARIETY OF MATERIALS?

IT'S SO TRUE!  

Here is a project I made using MASKING TAPE - in black no less! 

I placed strips of black masking tape onto cardstock, side by side and cut the masking tape-cardstock down to size to fit my Big Shot. I used a EMBOSSING FOLDER and ran the masking tape-cardstock through and you can see the resulting pattern in the close-up shot!   Thus I was able to create a photo frame!   How cool!

I used the VINTAGE WALLPAPER Embossing Folder #120175 to create the four sides of the photo frame, and topped it off with a retired Bigz Die " Decor Elements "  to create an interesting hanger. The photo frame is hanging by one pin in the crook of the scroll. 

To make the frame ATTACH to the SCROLL - I double-layered my cardstock when I created the scroll to make two of them and glued the frame between the scrolls - ever so slightly - at the top of the frame and glued the pair of scrolls together for the rest of their shape. This also makes the scroll sturdier to hang the frame from it as you can see the scroll only touch the frame for two tiny areas. Use heavy weight cardstock if you can. 

Tip - use  thin steel sewing pins to attach items to walls {they make very tiny holes} and merely push the pins into the wall at a slight angle, and the deper you push the pin into the wall - the stronger it will be.  If you want to hang a heavier item - push the pins into the wall in pairs very close together.   Once removed, all you will have is a very tiny hole in comparison to other hanging devices. This is great if you are like me and change things up on a regular basis. 




Embossed Masking Tape Photo Frame



Other details - I cut a crown for my prince freehand from scrap cardstock, and made a border using our Scorboard and a Scallop Edge Border Punch.  Inking a deeper shade to the cardstock provides a link between the lighter colours and the darker shade black. Add embellishments! 

TRY EXPERIMENTING WITH DIFFERENT MATERIALS - JUST TO 'PLAY AROUND'!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: