8 February 2012

Black Valentine - why not?

I was given a challenge by someone to create a ' black ' card of substantial size!


I chose to design it by working the opposite of symmetrical and that has led me to this card!  


Layering lots of scalloped circles topped with a 'Love Bird' 


CLICK ON PHOTOS

Here is where I chose NOT to follow a predictable pattern!  
The tiny flowers has one that sits in a place of its own while colours change eradically ending with 2 in sparkly black HEARTS!   Even the way I positioned the ribbon is 'off'....the point of this card is to think differently about composition while balancing the parts into one pretty effect! 



I used our HELLO FRIEND Stamp Set and our HEAT'n' SET to 
add SILVER GLITTER.  Heat 'n' Set allows you to stamp the image and then you 
heat the spot up to get it all "gooey" - then toss on your glitter!  Voila!
But its a delicate matter - so allow it to dry before brushing off the excess - or be very
careful to tap off the excess glitter - you know what I mean?  Hey, we all go 
through the glitter learning curve, lol! 

Well I LOVE IT - hope you think of trying an edgier colour for VALENTINE'S CARDS! 

YOURS TRULY
TAYLOR

oxox

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: