22 November 2010

Christian Class Cards

It was a real pleasure to welcome some lovely ladies from Glen Ayre Church to one of my classes!  I'd like to give a special and warm welcome to Elinore, Ruth, Louella and Carol!  Here they are minus Ruth who had left when I realized I needed pictures!



Our theme was holiday card projects with a Christian emphasis; and to achieve this, for our first card  I made a greeting framed by the shape of an ornament  using the program,Paint. This greeting exclaimed "Jesus, the true gift of Christmas".   For this project, we used a diorama card in Real Red cardstock. We also used a striped ribbon also in Real Red and White which framed the card nicely.  I love diorama cards because they really look impressive!

Our second card project featured a gate-fold style card held with a belly band.  I printed a poem created by M S Lowndes - which you can download for free at her website with her permission and of course, give her credit! Hi Ms Lowndes!

The poem was turned into a tag and placed in a pocket in the center section, and then flanked by DP either side. A few ornate touches and you have a lovely, lovely card to give someone special!


Here's a close-up of Elinore with her cards....

For a few of the ladies, it was a new experience and I am proud to say they did sooooo very well!
We have a great afternoon, and I am looking forward to my CHOCOLATES and CARDS!  I hope more new ladies come as I find it delightful introducing this hobby to more and more people - its rewarding to see a person enjoy a particular technique, and see their excited over thier card !

Darn, I forgot to take a photo of my darling dog yesterday - our regular craft fair, the Canadian - German fair was here the week-end (which means I enjoy pretzels!) and of course I dressed my dog in his red sparkly bow as I walked him around!  He has such a forgiving personality, lol!

Till my next post,
bye for now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: