24 November 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ONE PAGE BINDING MINI ALBUM for a FRIEND, SOFIA!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOFI!

I made this " One 12x12 Page Binding Mini-Album " for my online friend, Sofia and I had no idea till after I sent it - that it is her birthday today!  Whooo-hooo!  Hope you had a great day girl! [Sofia does crafts and gives lots 'n' lots of people a lot of nice gestures & gifts - she's a very generous soul! Glad we are pals, Sofia!]

Its a pretty cool project and like the title, you use a complete page of 12 x 12 cardstock, which when folded creates a 'fat' mini-album which counts as a 'page' because you can bind several together with the clever end section!

You can find the instructions FREE as I did, on YouTube from the fabulous Elsa  ( Hi Elsa! ) on her tubes, under JustafewDesgins  - scroll down to bottom of this post for the link to her tutorial for this project!


Not only is this an cool project, there is a ton of ways to decorate it and incorporate tags, photo's, etc.  And all from the neat folds!  The added bonus of the 'binding' element is great - you won't need anything special to create your own album - just some rings to connect the pages. 


So I can just show my pics and all I will say, is that I was trying to use some unconventional colours and patterns to make a holiday album. It was an experiment, and while yellow may not be the traditional colour I turn to for Christmas, it has just enough holiday-style elements to make you feel the vibe!  Least, I hope so!

I left sections open, and the front for Sofia to colour is she chooses....but you can add so many little 'gifts' tucked inside - even a Christmas Gift Card. I chose to help Sofia with some christmas tags. Or she can journal on them!

I will make my own project using this and am really looking forward to doing that!   OK! Cheers! xx  Beverly

 front

                                                                         Stampin' Up! Top Note Die & faux embossed metal technique                                                  

                                                                                               open up, and fold down sections with 2 pocket areas on each side

  fold down 'flaps' to reveal photo space, or more pockets!....

                                                                            create mini-envelope of ribbon tags to tuck into a pocket

                                                                          ...flip to the next section with more wide spaces for photos {used the negative space from my top-note die as a photo frame with one side open to slide a pic in); and with a pocket on opposite section! Do what you want really!

                                                                        
                                                                                                  side view of whole piece

  
....and moving to the last section....and a lovely fold-down flap pocket for a place to tuck a few things such as a tag, and a top note die-cut.........

 ...and we are back to the front! Ta Da!

Thanks to Elsa for the nice tutorial on YouTube and HERE is the project!

Supplies:
Stampin' Up!  Products = Top Note Die; Antique Brads, various Ribbons;
Stampin' Up! Cardstock = So Saffron Patterned Paper, Whisper White Cardstock
Stampin' Up! Inks = Craft Stampin' Spot - Old Olive, Classic Black, Classic Cherry Cobbler, Versamark Gold,


2 comments:

Just a Few Designs said...

HI! Oh my I am so honored for the wonderful shout out!!! You are too kind.You mini album turned out just stunning! I love the color combinations!!!! Lucky friend of your who got it such a thoughtful gift!
Thanks again doing this, I appreciate you watching my videos and so glad I inspired you to create!
Take care and keep in touch.
hugs
Elsa

Beverly's Stamping Beehive said...

Oooh thanks for swinging by - now I feel honored! :)

And you keep up the awesome projects for us...I am def'ly stay in touch!!!

....and Happy Holidays!!!

xx Beverly

Post a Comment

Template by: