16 April 2011

2 Step Bird Punch - Makes WONDERful Handmade Cards

I think I am in love with the 2-Step Punches the most!   Soon I will be showing you something I've done with the 2-Step Owl Punch which I finally acquired - but my 2-Step Bird Punch is so lovely, that I turn to it again and again when I need to create something special!

Here I needed to demonstrate one of our rubber stamp alphabets, "JUMBLE ALPHABET".   I thought the word 'FRIEND' would be an excellent place to start! So I stamped out each letter, one by one, onto some WHISPER WHITE cardstock - a  Stampin' Up! signature product!  




I also used the increasingly popular TULIP BORDER EMBOSSING FOLDER - and I matched the cardstock and ink - can you guess which colour it is?  { here it is spelled backwards, lol =   edeus tfos} 


Using some scraps of the really popular SPRINGTIME VINTAGE Designer Series Paper, I punched out the bird with the 2-STEP BIRD PUNCH and did so in one of my fav ways, by mish-mashing the paper and the parts of the bird!   So the body is one pattern and the wing is in another pattern.....but I continued by adding PHOTO CORNERS with yet 2 more patters from the vintage collection!!  




Be a bit 'freestyle' and have creative fun - it doesn't have to matchy-match - it just has to be pleasing to your eye!  If you think it should have even more pattern - go for it.

That is the great thing about our DESIGNER SERIES PATTERN CARDSTOCK - ITS MADE TO CO-ORDINATE FOR YOU - NO GUESS WORK!

To really go one step further though, I must admit, I thought about it and came up with my NEST!  Its just scraps I cut with our PAPER SNIPS scissors and glued them down in what I thought looked 'nesty' - can I say that, nesty?  Of course - and maybe I should say "dazzlin' nesty" because I ooomphed it up with some glitter, our trusty DAZZLING DIAMONDS GLITTER!  

Well - I like it!   Looks vintage but not old - young vintage!!!  LOL!

If you'd like to make this card - contact me and we can have YOU CREATING A PRETTY CARD FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL in no time!

Thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: