31 March 2012

Mark Last Sale-A-Bration Day with a Twitterpatted Card!

***
DID I MENTION STAMPIN' UP!'s LAST DAY OF SALE-A-BRATION IS TODAY?


Yes - after today, SAB is over, sniff.......but that's ok because I did well during this time!  I hope you did as well in receiving the free goodies that came as perks during this period!!!


So in celebration, I decided to make a card last night in the wee hours!  I am nurturing myself back into shape as I had an emergency tooth removal - egads, not what I had hoped to be doing there in the middle of the week!
I can't operate my Big Shot {almost typed 'Big Tooth' ha ha haha}....due to pressure could prevent the tooth area from healing ..........but that's OK, cuz it makes me do "complete handiwork"!  


I started with our TWITTERPATTED DESIGNER SERIES PAPER because its so darn sweet [and STILL AVAILABLE TILL APRIL 30th- see Occasions Catty].  And it has that 'sweet-vintage-grandmother-making-quilts' feel....if you catch my drift!  And the 'crazy quilt' and 'shabby flowers' feeling came over me ! So here's a peek.....


You can see a lot of pattern going on here!  And not to forget to mention - you can 'tuck' 
little surprises like the way I tucked these gemstones under the flower - I think it helps 
to give your friend or family member extra enjoyment as they 'discover'  more as they study the card.

To start, I began with a plain circle in a polka-dot. I might of used my Scallop Circle Die if I could of used 
the Big Shot - instead, I took a strip of Baja Breeze cardstock and used my Scallop Trim Punch to create a border for my circle. If you want a straight strip to wrap around a curve - do as sewers do and clip the widest 'arc' to help it bend more. So I clipped between each scallop - just a bit. Then I wrapped and glued it around the circle.  
Also with sewing on my mind - remember I am thinking 'patchwork quilts' as my inspiration.....I accented the circle with our FREE ribbon from SAB.  I just used a darning needle and punched my way around the circle and DID NOT even pay 'any' attention to how the ribbon fell into place!  
To begin patchworking with the different patterns in the TWITTERPATTED DSP, I added a "photo-corner" to the bottom left. Ontop of that, I added a strip of satin ribbon.  


Stitch your Circle with narrow ribbon [Everyday Enchantment ribbon from our SAB promotion] and tie it off with a bow. Or leave the ribbon tied in the back with no bow - its a matter of opinion.


I mounted my Circle onto a card with a background mat of gray honeycomb design - and followed the honeycomb pattern with my scissors to create more hobnob design. Remember, if you are going to
do a shabby style - adding this and that is part of the fun - I think avoiding the straight 'n'narrow is better!
Tucked in a sprig of leaf cut from sparkly cardstock - gotta have some sparkle!!!
Ooops - forgot to mention, my CARD BASE is our BASIC GRAY cardstock. Its a great NEUTRAL colour especially for brighter colours!  


In my spare time, I made some leaves by punching some GARDEN GREEN cardstock with my HEART PUNCH and folding it in half before crinkling it through a CRIMPER.  Pinch the heart together at the center and glue it together and it causes a flap at the back - but it also causes it to have a bit of a gentle curve in the front which makes it look somewhat life-like.  Sponge the edges with a rosey red helps too! 

OK - next the FLOWER - shabby style! 



Here's how my scissors and I went to work on another pattern from the Twitterpatted papers. Keep thinking 'crazy quilt' here!  I cut a wavy edge to both a long, straight strip of the paper and a SPIRAL STRIP of paper.  No rocket science - just cut off a straight long strip  of paper but following a wavy manner of cutting - no particular wavy-iness - just here a wave, there a wave - and then I created my flower's "center" when rolled and glued together.  Then again, cut a  loose wave of the paper following a COIL shape or cutting a circular shape from the outside towards it's center.  OK?   Then this  "spiral strip"  of paper was wrapped more loosely around the flower center. A couple of paper Circle backs for both help to stablize the whole flower. Ahhh....also, spritz the papers after cutting and crunch slightly to give it a subtle shabby look!

HERE they are - Flower and Leaf!

Aren't they sweet? 

NOW, HERE I HAVE ASSEMBLED THE CARD!



showing 3D quality of flower/leaf and scallop circle/ribbon accents


Did I go and ADD MORE PATTERN?  YES I DID!!  I added a small panel of blue/white floral pattern to the background!  Not to worry too much about the pattern because Designer Series Papers are meant to be co-ordinated.  You will always have a choice for backgrounds, usually some floral designs and more graphic patterns to mix'n'match.  The work is done for you - just load up the card as much as you want to in this style. Go have crazy fun! I certainly am, he he! I know call me wild, lol! Well I'm not 20 anymore, have to be wacky somewhere! OK I jest.....I'll wrap this up!


Lastly, I added more - uh-huh, by throwing in a greeting complete with twin banners flanking it and all tucked 
into the flower.  And to satisfy my bling thing - I added more gems in a lazy fashion, spot them?
I wish you could see this up close - and for you locals, you can if you come to a class!  But this looks sooooo much prettier in person!  It has a home-grown personaility and for your intended, this should speak volumes about how much YOU CARE for them!  





So THANK YOU for reading my incredibly long post today!   I know if I babble about the details it takes that much longer, but I hope it helps!

Welcome to leave a comment too!  Love to hear from ya! 

now.....off to shop!  

STAMPIN' UP! SUPPLIES:   Sincere Salutations Greeting Stamp Set {Thanks so Much}, Twitterpatted Designer Series Paper; Basic Gray, Garden Green and Whisper White  cardstock, Circle Cutter Tool, Heart Punch, and retired as of today, Lucky Limeade Everyday Enchantment Sheer Ribbon. 

------------------------------------
Would you like to earn more FREE products from SU!?  HOST a PARTY with friends, family or co-workers, etc. and we can MAKE THIS CARD!  Just Contact Me for details - its fun -  you bring the people and I bring the rest!  
*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: