5 August 2009

President Aquino - Dedication Card for a Inspiring Woman







Corazon Aquino (Jan 25,1933 - Aug 1, 2009)

I always feel particularly touched when a greatly known and courageous woman passes on, and its no different now.

Sadly, the world is grieving with the Phillipines as they have lost a wonderful woman - their former and 11th President and Asia's first woman president. I made a card in her honour and reading how yellow was her favourite colour and that the streets rained yellow confetti as her countrymen paid tribute to her, I therefore chose yellow as my starting point - discreetly - along with flowers.

I opened up one of my latest accessories, Stampin' Up!'s Textured Impressions embossing folder called Elegant Bouquet (see above photo). It works so easily - just like pressing butter! I used artist brushes and pastel chalks to colour the raised design on vanilla cardstock.

The ribbon slider I stamped the crown on to was a hand-made number I created using corner scissors. Tip: pencil guide lines on the back to help you line up the scissors for cutting.

I was lucky to find a green strip of ribbon given to me - with a flower on it resembling the flowers in the embossing. Its lovely also because it glitters - and I love glitter.

I think it would have pleased former President Aquino that I chose to be different by juxtaposing layers on different levels from one another. Its quirky but considering how her path was anything but straight in life, I feel its a reflection of that.

Restoring democracy to a unstable country; a "Woman of the Year' recipient (1986) ; and a member of the Council of Women World Leaders among other things must have been exciting beyond words but she also loved to paint ! And gave them as gifts to friends! A kindred spirit of the creative realm!!! And as the sentiment says: "Queen of hearts".....

Rest in Peace.


Stampin' Up! Supplies: Textured Impressions Elegant Bouquet folder; Crushed Curry & So Saffron cardstock, Razzle Dazzle Designer Series 12 in.paper; Stampin' Pastels (chalks) and Crushed Curry ink stamp pad and marker.

Other Supplies: crown/sentiment stamp, green ribbon, gold glitter glue.


1 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

So cool, awesome work!

Post a Comment

Template by: